CG Programme Management
Following the success of the pilot phase of City Growth, a second round was commissioned. Martin was contracted to manage the programme on behalf of the London Development Agency. This included working with the new round two managers as well as the agencies that had prepared strategies as part of the phase one, pilot round.
The work included:
• Advising the individual project managers on the City Growth process
• Sharing good practice
• Running seminars and workshops
• Monitoring progress and reporting to the LDA’s City Growth Management Board
• Providing ‘hands-on’ support to cover specific challenges
• Advising the national project managers PwC
Martin also prepared the LDA’s submission to the International Economic Development Council’s annual completion for best practice. This won the category ‘business clusters in a large city’ at the awards ceremony in Chicago. Case studies prepared by Management Focus featuring London MICE and the Hatton Garden jewellery clusters were also adopted as models of good practice by DTI’s Small Business Service (now BIS).